Vinsi Partners acknowledge and understand that all engineering materials will deteriorate with time, at rates dependent upon the type of material, the severity of the environment and the deterioration mechanisms involved.
Project briefs commonly demand long design lives of assets, asset elements and the components of structures and buildings. Durability assessment, durability design and durability planning is vital in minimising the risks of long-term deterioration of structures, structural elements and components.
Vinsi Partners has expertise in assessing durability for a variety of structures and buildings. The macro and micro environments to which the assets and asset components are exposed are varied and aggressive. Material types are wide ranging including concretes, metals, plastics, protective coatings and proprietary items.
We understand the flow through effects of durability from initial planning to construction. Our approach qualifies the risk of deterioration, the cost of preventative measures, the feasibility and cost of remedial actions and ongoing preventative maintenance. These need to be balanced to arrive at the best whole-of-life cost and optimised value for money.
Vinsi Partners takes great pride in the knowledge that our engineering advice is independent without any conflict of interest associated with the supply of materials, equipment or laboratory testing services.
The Vinsi Advantage
- Increase the life cycle of structures and buildings.
- Reduced life cycle costs.
- Reduced overall maintenance and repair costs.
- Establish predictable maintenance actions and costs.
- Minimise down-time during maintenance.
- Improve the quality of structure maintenance.
- Initiate accountable maintenance management.
- Develop responsive maintenance techniques.
Vinsi Durability Services
Pre-Tender and Tender
- Durability objective requirements.
- Durability methodologies.
- Tender durability assessment and design.
- Tender durability plans.
- Durability assessment.
- Durability plans/durability reports.
- Durability checklists.
- Concrete technology.
- Materials selection.
- Input into construction drawings, specifications, risk assessment, inspection and monitoring requirements and maintenance manuals.
- Cathodic protection/prevention design.
- Stray current evaluation and mitigation.
- Addenda to durability plans/durability reports.
- Input into construction work method statements.
- Review of material testing results and QC records.
- Advice on non-conformances.
- Remedial method guidelines.
- Maintenance schedules and strategy input.
- Inspection and monitoring requirements.
Operation and Maintenance
- Specifications or guidelines for
- Specialist inspection, testing and
- Specialist monitoring equipment
- Provision of ongoing technical